Lobsters are a proven source of protein, roughly clocking at 28 grams of protein for a cup of meat. If you are also concerned about the health of your heart, lobsters do come off as a stunning source of omega-3 acids. Also, the quintessential taste of seafood is undeniable. If you have a grill ready, you are pretty much in a win-win situation with almost every delight in the universe at your feet. However, some care has to be taken while combining all the aforementioned things and this how-to guide is right here, by your side. Let us see it is brought about.
Time required: Not pretty much a time-consuming task, this recipe serves right on the platter with a cook time of 15 minutes and a preparation time of 25 minutes.
Nutritional benefits: A cup of lobster meat consists of 129 calories, a total fat of just over a gram and is rich in vitamins. Also, lobster may be considered the tastiest meat.
Things required: There sure are certain things you may need by your side while you go through with this recipe. And they are:
- A whole lobster, the soul of the recipe
- A teaspoon of garlic, minced(though it is optional)
- Some black pepper, ground
- Some salt
- 2 tablespoons full of lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
With these ready, you could proceed further with the grilling procedure.
The grilling procedure
Here is a step by step guide to a nearly perfect grilled lobster:
Consider boiling the lobster before chucking it on to the grill. This step would prevent from a final product that is cooked on the outside but is raw on the inside.
- Take a pot filled with boiling water, place the lobster in it.
- After about five minutes, put it into an ice bath, that stops the lobster from cooking more than what is desired.
- Use a knife to cleave the lobster into two halves along the length and clean the meat.
- On the claws, create some slits to help while cooking.
- Mix ground pepper, salt, lemon juice, minced garlic and melted butter in a bowl.
- Use this mixture to brush the meat that is exposed by slicing through.
- Now, moving over to the grill; clean it up and use some oil on it.
- Fire up the grill to medium flame.
- Place the lobster on the grill with its flesh side facing downward. Continue cooking for five minutes.
- Flip it over and apply more of the mixture just made and continue grilling for about another five minutes.
- When done, you should come up with a solid meat that is opaque all through.
Here, your grilled lobster is ready to be served. Garnish with the lemon butter mixture on the platter and serve it smoking hot.
Having read so much, it would be pointless to just sit around and drool over the recipe. Go drool over the actual thing!