Chicken remains an all time favourite among non-vegetarian food lovers. And, grilling chicken only brings out the best of its essence. So is evident from that fact that there are innumerable recipes based on grilled chicken available across all ethnicities. Grilled Buffalo Chicken, being a part of those recipes, is unique with its spicy taste and all the fun involved around the grill. While the name is enough to tickle the taste buds of anyone, this recipe is easy to pull off despite a ponderous name. Let us not wait much and work toward bringing it on to the platter.
The time required: Chicken, as it is known, consumes far lesser time in comparison to many other forms of meat yet tastes as good. This recipe requires a tad 20 minutes over an hour and a preparation time of about 10 minutes.
Nutritional information: The knowledge of nutrition before proceeding with a recipe is always a pertinent step. Here is what Grilled Buffalo Chicken has to offer in a serving of about 85g:
- Calorie count at 190
- A total fat of about 10g
- A low cholesterol value of 35mg
The following would be needed to be around you for this recipe:
- 4 pieces of chicken cutlets
- A finely minced clove of garlic
- A teaspoon full of apple cider vinegar
- A teaspoon of paprika, smoked
- 3 tablespoons worth of butter
- Half a cup of hot sauce
- Some extra virgin olive oil
- Some black pepper, freshly ground
- Some kosher salt
For the slaw:
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Some kosher salt
- Half a teaspoon of celery seed
- ¼ cup full of light mayonnaise
- ¼ cup full of sour cream
- ¼ cup of buttermilk
- 4 ounces of crumbled blue cheese
- A peeled large carrot
- A peeled small shallot
- One and a half pound of green cabbage
The cooking process
- Light up the grill to a medium-high flame.
- Wrap each chicken cutlet in two pieces of parchment paper.
- Use pepper and salt for seasoning this.
- Use the extra virgin olive oil for oiling the grates of the grill.
- For about 3-4 minutes, grill chicken on all sides until it appears golden.
- While chicken spends some time on the grill, take garlic, cider vinegar, paprika, butter and hot sauce in a saucepan.
- Transfer this pan onto the grill and let the mixture melt for some time, stirring frequently.
- This mixture serves as the dip for your chicken.
- Having dipped cutlets into this, grill them for another minute.
For the Slaw:
- Grate the carrot, shallot and the cabbage together in a large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, take together pepper, salt, celery seed, apple cider vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, butter milk and the blue cheese and mix all of them together.
- Pour this on to the veggies. Use pepper and salt to taste.
- Wrap the contents and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Use this slaw to top the chicken cutlets.
With this, your Grilled Buffalo Chicken is ready. Now, let’s leave the couch and do it!